Sunday, December 23, 2012

Like Never Before


Matt (Drums), Mikey (Guitar) & Me :)


I'm back in Austria for 2 weeks again and it's the strangest feeling to come home after 3 months of living in Finland. The landscape is different, mountains everywhere, there's no city life around, but that's not the point - what's changed is me, I feel like there's something missing. (Must be the lack of concerts here ;D) When I left the plane at Munich airport, I was really glad that I'll be returning to Finland soon, even though I was looking forward very much to seeing my family and friends again and also walking on homeland. I guess that's what Päivi warned me of when she said to take care for I will not be the same as before.
Maybe I just need a little time to get used to it again and after all, I've got some plans for these 2 weeks too.

--

Just before departing from Helsinki, I was at a concert of

"Baby Jane" 
and 
"The 69 Eyes" 

I went there with Rodrigo, a friend that I hadn't seen since 2,5 months and despite of the fact that he was almost an hour late, I enjoyed myself like I haven't done in ages! The 69 Eyes were great, but I was even more happy because of Baby Jane. I hadn't heard of them before, but they were a real surprise! - Everyone who doesn't know them yet:


What was probably really special was that they didn't only bring up a great show, but just looking at them I could feel how much they were enjoying it, how much they love making music. And this feeling was contagious to the audience as well! Also after the concert, they were all friendly, not hiding themselves in the backstage area, allowing photos and talks, giving autographs....and when I came near, Mikey even spoke up to me and said that he remembered me from the show *-*
I hope they'll have more concerts coming up soon!



(more photos to come as soon as I can use my own computer again)


It's almost the end of the year and I think this band was my best discovery of 2012! I just love their music <3
When I came home, my little brother and his friends welcomed me with Jägermeister and he showed me his new audio equipment, so the first thing I did this morning was to put my new CD from the concert in there and turn up the volume! lml

...maybe I should go to Sweden sometime soon too :D

No comments:

Post a Comment