Sunday, December 2, 2012

Thank You!! ...for 1.000 Pageviews ^.~ / Sauna & Ice-Swimming


Today I'd like to say "Thank you" to all of my readers - you're best!
It's been 3 months now every since I came to Finland and opened this blog and I'm so proud that this week we could reach 1.000 (!!) pageviews!



Please keep it up! I'm looking forward to these next months already.


________________________


So, yesterday I was at Rauhaniemi (northern Tampere) with my workmates to enjoy sauna and  ice-swimming.
I felt so crazy! Honestly, this has at least a little hint of insanity and masochism xD
...but anyways, it's a great opportunity that everyone should try and definitely an unique experience!

After changing in the dressing room, we had to walk outside in the snow at -10/-15°C already to the sauna and then again to get to the lake. It was sure freezing and in the end a question of courage whether we decide to take a swim or not! 
I went to the lake 3 times, always "sauna - lake - sauna - lake - sauna..." and so did Despoina and Sini, only Andi chose not to come...and Päivi couldn't make it to the sauna, because some unexpected changes in her time schedule appeared.
When attempting to swim in the ice-cold water for the first time, my body instinctively tried to curl up and I knew that I had to get out as long as I was still able to climb the stairs...crazy!
As freezing as it was outside, it was really hot inside! I stayed only for a little time on the top row of the sauna, it wasn't like I felt extremely hot, but it became somehow difficult to breathe, so I moved one step down later. 
Besides, the usually reserved Finns seem to become unusually talkative during sauna too, it was quite interesting talking to them and learning new things about Finland.

After all of that, I felt active and exhausted at the same time, because of the adrenaline and the effort of taking the challenges.
Then, we went to Andi's place, had some Finnish meal with Greek salad and then played Monopoly (Helsinki Version). It didn't become too late though, since we were all rather tired and apparently decided to go home. 
Still, it was a great evening, so thank you to everyone that participated. :)


Since I didn't take any pictures yesterday, I went to the beach again today and took some nice ones. It was a really breathtaking view, but see for yourselves:

This is Näsijärvi :)







No comments:

Post a Comment