Thursday, May 9, 2013

Vappu \(^o ^ )/

Vappu - celebrated on 31.04.-01.05, it's kind of a special celebration here in Finland - it doesn't even exist in Austria, so it was something totally new to me :D



I was planning to go to a gig in Helsinki on April 31th, but in the end, as I was sitting at the train station, I followed my inner voices and decided to celebrate Vappu properly and in Tampere with my friends. I could have joined the party in Helsinki, but it just felt sort of wrong to go to any other city but my second home town that day. And it was one of my best decisions ever made!! :D The night was amazing and the day that followed felt just crazy after experiencing Finnish people throughout the cold, calm winter xDD



First off, I met some Au Pair friends one of our favourite local bars - Raideri. :D
we had some drinks before going to the centre, where all the people came together around midnight to sing some sort of hymn, shower in sparkling wine and crown the "Suomen Neito" statue with a traditional students' hat. - but that was just the beginning of the night! ;P




we had some more drinks, enjoyed the happy, drunk party people all around and then we parted ways - the Au Pair guys went to meet another friend of theirs and I went to another cool bar to meet some of my finnish friends :D so the party went on at "Jack the Rooster" and everyone was just succumbing to the spirit of Vappu, an extatic night indeed :P

The next day, 2 giant cranes reached the riverside of Tammerkoski to follow another special Tampere tradition - the baptism of the newcomer students xP      






No comments:

Post a Comment