Thursday, October 3, 2013

Northern lights returning to Tampere

Yes, yesterday chances of catching the aurora off-guard were quite high, so I packed my stuff, put my thickest pullover on and headed over to Rauhaniemi beach. For a long time - quite some hours - the sky was filled with clouds, almost no chance to catch a glimpse on the stars or what lies beneath, but all of a sudden it started to clear up and it did not take long for the first arms of this night's aurora to reach over the horizon. It was not that strong, though, but still there. Moreover I'm quite happy that the pictures I took this time are quite a lot better than my first try. After all, it needs some practice. :)
...but watch for yourselves:






Note, however, that the camera showed me more intensive colours than I saw on the night sky with my eyes. At first you could have even been confusing the northern lights with strange looking clouds, because they were so light.

Also, the view I got when walking there (I decided not to take the but, so that I'd know the way afterwards and just for the sake of having a walk), was quite breathtaking sometimes:





I adore how the sky looks like velvet on the last one.. (*-*)

No comments:

Post a Comment