Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Arrival stories


I’ve just arrived in Atala, Tampere some hours ago and it’s really nice! I love the house! *-*


Yesterday, I came to Helsinki where Saska and his family brought me from the airport to their home and later to the organization (ICYE). I stayed with them for the rest of the day and night :)
I’m glad I could meet them, because they’re very friendly and helpful people! Hopefully, I’ll see them again soon.
Well…at the ICYE office, I got some information and then Saska showed me around the city, while Saara (right spelling?) prepared some delicious meal for us (haha, up to now my mother’s fears that I won’t be able to adapt to finnish food turned out to be wrong – thank god! xDD )
We saw some sights and then we walked a little along the port until we found a house-boat that belongs to a friend of Saska! ;P so, there I met some new people, also Russians, and I had a little talk with them – they’re crazy, but in a good way! xD


The russian Church : 



*the house boat is on the left side (with Saska and Captain Dima (?) xD) : 




In the evening, we got back, had dinner, talked a little more and I received some very useful hints and contacts!



In the morning, I was driven to the train station (we were late, but in the end we arrived just in time! …like, not early enough to have to wait and not late enough to miss the train ;D )


So…then Mirkka, my host mommy, was waiting for me at Tampere. We drove one round through the city and then home! :)
We talked for some time until she had to leave for work – I had first language instructions! xD –via Tampere Newspaper (Aamulehti):




And…this is the house (I already shared a picture of my room in an earlier post):






They even have a piano! I wish I could play the piano xD I always wanted to learn how to play it, but I never had an opportunity to actually do so.




oh, and these berries grow everywhere around here:


...I've also already started to miss my family, friends and Marc (of course)... :/
but I guess that's just understandable! And I'm still alright :)


So, I’ll be leaving soon to another part of the city, called Hervanta.
2nd night in Finland, 1st night in Tampere and 1st time partying here (if you exclude the house-boat visit xD )! It’s my host mommy’s little brother’s birthday and he’s celebrating at a bar  :D it’s actually the same little brother that offered to take me to every club here in Tampere (easy because he’s a barkeeper xD )! ;P

One crazy fact about Finland is that…whoever you meet – at least every 3rd person is a friend of some famous finnish musician! For sure!
Mirkka, for example, is Ville Valo’s cousin (vocalist of “HIM”)!
And Saska is a friend of Eero Heinonen (bassist of “The Rasmus”)! ;D
I hope I’ll be able to meet them myself! (*o*)/ 

So far that's all the news I can share now! Have a nice day/evening/night..! ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment