Friday, September 14, 2012

Of Plans And Sunsets


Hei again! ;D

I'm doing fine, though I'm still a little bit sick >.<
There's been some good and some bad things happening these last days - Let's start with the unpleasant news, so that I can look forward to the happy ones:

- I like Finlands beautiful woods, really, but these damn mosquitoes are annoying!! They keep attacking all the time when we're out there with the children >.<

- I also found out that I've been received some wrong information concerning my holidays... I was told that I could have 2 days off each month, plus the national school holidays, but lately I went through the activity agreement with my head teacher Päivi and she explained to me that I have these 2 days/month, but they are expected to be spent during the national holidays! :/ So, it's a good thing I didn't start to make serious vacation plans yet. This caught me really by surprise though...after all I was prepared to have more free time, but okay...how do people say:


We didn't have cupcakes at home, but I found these in the fridge - they worked too: 



- My illness gets better and worse all the time... Sometimes I feel healthy and then suddenly the headache comes back and carries a handful of other symptoms with it, especially in the morning.  


_______________


No niin, enough of saddening stuff, here are the pleasant stories:


+ I was at the "Maistraatti", where I had to register myself as a finnish citizen. I was worried, because Despoina who works with me has some problems with receiving the bus card for the whole Pirkanmaa area since she's only staying temporarily in Finland. When the lady at the office told me to make a cross on the sheet where it said that I also stay temporarily, me and my host mommy, who went there with me, explained the bus problem to her. It seems that only people living permanently in Finland can buy the card, so she let me write on the paper that I stay permanently in Tampere. I hope this will erase all the problems with the bus company that might have come up otherwise! :)

+ The finnish couse is nice too - last time we learned some grammar for the first time - FINALLY! I've been waiting for this, because I want to understand the structure instead of only memorizing words and phrases. The teacher says that it's too early to learn that stuff, but I'll stick with my opinion.
We also got a new member - Anna from Greece. She's a really nice young woman! :D I talked to her a little and after the lesson she offered to drive me home, because she had the car with her. I was hoping that I'll find the way, but we were successful! 

+ I got my first letter here in Finland!!!  *o* (though it's only a registration document from the police office):



+ I was thinking about planning to go to some upcoming events, because you always need to be fast to snatch some tickets, before they're sold out! I also saw that "The Rasmus" will come to Tampere and they'll have a gig in Helsinki too, so I wasn't sure which one to go to. I told my friend Saska about it - he has Yoga lessons with Eero Heinonen! Well...today I was invited by Eero, bassist of "The Rasmus", to come to their concert in Tampere :P Veera, one of my finnish friends, will probably go there with me. I don't even have to look for tickets - they'll be waiting for me at the entrance! (*o*)/
...other bands I know that are having concerts in Tampere city soon: Sonata Arctica, Sturm und Drang, The 69 Eyes, Cannibal Corpse, Helloween, Anathema, Children of Bodom, Entombed, Hardcore Superstar and Poisonblack. I'll look for more, but I don't know which ones to go to xD ...I think I'll be at "The 69 Eyes" live at least! 
I'm also looking for some good concerts in other places of Finland, so that I can connect them with travelling ;P (like "An Cafe", "Happoradio", "Apulanta", "Nickelback", "Daughtry", "Wednesday 13" or "Seether" in Helsinki) 


+ Haha, today, when I was driving around the city with Mirkka, we saw a bird on the crosswalk (Zebrastreifen) --> FINNISH CITY BIRD KNOWS HOW TO CROSS THE ROAD SAFELY! xDD

+ One of my Austrian friends, who is doing his EVS in Luxembourg now, also complimented me for the blog. His organisation is called "Grrrr" xDD (always makes me laugh again) Haha, he wrote on his site that he's having a nice time with his workmates in a farm house, but that in winter they'll probably "Grrrr" there together x'D

+ Did I already introduce "Nuttu" to you? - He's our pet, a chinchilla:


...so cute and always active!  *v* ..but I don't dare stroking it, because they say it bites >.<  


+ Mirkka is going to spent tomorrow in Helsinki. I think I'll stay here and go there some time when I'm all healthy again and then stay for a weekend maybe. Yet, I can give her all my bus tickets that I had to buy so far, so that she gives them to Mari at the Maailmanvaihto office there and I'll be reimbursed! :D 
Saturday evening, she'll return to Tampere and we'll go to a "Gay - Party" together xD I've never been to one, but some people told me that it's really fun, so I'll go see it with my own eyes ;P 

+ When I got home after the language course, the sun was just setting over the city - 'Sunset in Tampere', have a look:


...and 10 minutes later:



.... :) 

1 comment: