Saturday, September 8, 2012

Going out: Keskusta & Särkänniemi

Terve! :D


I've visited the city centre (Keskusta) :) I took the bus - the radio played metal music! I love Finland :D

There's a lot of great possibilities for shopping! I was a little afraid, because people kept telling me that Finland is such an expensive country, but standing in the shops now, I came to find out that Austrian prices are just as high.

I bought some nice stuff and I also found an Indian (the one in Asia, not the Native American)  themed shop (I couldn't withstand my inner voice that wanted to buy that beautiful bracelet ;P ...well...now I got some Indian jewelery!)
Aaaand I had lunch at "Subway" ;D


I also found a new energy drink: Rockstar Recovery!! (*o*)/




Oh, and there was that fountain statue that I really like:


...I admit, this picture's quality is rather poor >.< but I'll return there and take a better one at a better opportunity! ;D

By the way, did I already show you my room's door sign?


 (it's not true, I swear!! xD ) 


I was also at the library and got myself a library card! So now I can loan books, CD's, magazins and DVD's. I can use the computers there too. Everything for free and in the whole area of Pirkanmaa :P Finland is great!

As I was walking along the main street of the city centre, there were a lot of Cosplayers too! I saw Vocaloid Hatsune Miku, Orochimaru, Ulquiorra and many more! Here are some of them (secretly photographed from behing >:P ):


There is such a huge variety of different people here! I think it's great how everyone's not the same and there's always some crazy person ahead that might surprise you xD
I feel like a lot of Austrians are too ashamed of showing too much difference, here in Tampere it's not like that I think.

When I got home today my host daddy, Lasse, was standing in the kitchen and baking some snacks - he said he was bored ;D
They taste great! (I love Finnish food, by the way) They're called Korvapuusti:
Lasse gave me the recipe, so when I'll come home to Austria I'll make my sister Isi bake these for us :P




Today, I was also at the Särkänniemi amusement park with Sini and Despoina (Andy couldn't come for some reason). It was very nice, but the weather was really shitty! It rained and then it stopped and the sun came out for some minutes and then it rained again, sometimes just a little, sometimes very heavy! >.< I'm afraid I may have caught a cold...
Still, I liked it. We were at the top of this tower:



And from there we could see this:





What do you think? Looks like a nice country? ;)



Here's also the promised Angy Birds Land:




...people here love Angry Birds (probably because it's Finnish)...and The Moomins xD

There were also some concerts - we saw 2 of them:


"Jupiter"




"Rivers of Mars"



No comments:

Post a Comment