Thursday, September 6, 2012

Starting To Work and News :)

Moi! ;D

During the last 2 days I've started working at the kindergarten ("kangasalan englanninkielinen leikki koulu" or as we call it: "Enkku")!

It is really nice, the teachers are friendly and the children are very sweet. Still, I felt a little bit lost, especially at my first day, because the children kept talking to me in Finnish and I didn't understand anything >.<  but I think this will change with time - at least when I start to understand what they're  saying ;D
Today, it was also rather noisy and at times I thought "I'm gonna have a headache today"! In the end, I'm home now and just tired! But I feel good :)
One of the children, Hanni, even drew/created me a picture!! :D




Here are some pictures of the kindergarten:








... at the kindergarten in St. Gallenkirch, were I used to work before, we had an outdoor-day, where we went outside with the children. Here in Kangasala, we don't have this sort of day, but we go outside 2 times everyday.

Yesterday evening I also had my first language course lesson :
We learned mainly the numbers up to 99.999 (which is yhdeksänkymmentäyhdeksäntuhattayhdeksänsataayhdeksänkymmentäyhdeksän) >.< xD

--> a friend of mine is going to join me here in Finland in January (he goes to Jyväskylä)
I just wrote him a message with a similar number - I wonder what he's gonna say about it xP


Apart from that, we received a sheet with some useful phrases. There are also 3 German students, so I could talk in my mother tongue too, and the teacher also speaks German! :)
However, time passed really fast at the course and before I knew it, it was already 1 and a half hours later.


I was also invited to go to "Särkänniemi" amusement park with my workmates on Saturday! "Ennku" pays at least a part of the entrance tickets and I think I'm gonna join them :) I think "Särkänniemi" is the first place in the world to harbour an "Angry Birds Land" !! (they're pretty popular here! xD one of my host parents' children, Niia, even has an Angry Birds - themed room! ) I definitely want to see it and Saturday is the last date before the park closes for winter break! Päivi can't go, but Sini, Andi and Despoina will go there, I think :)

Ja niin!
So much for today :)



No comments:

Post a Comment