Friday, September 21, 2012

Lakes and free time activities

Hei! :D

I hope everyone's doing fine!
I feel good though I'm still a little sick. I don't feel too bad anymore, but from time to time I have a little headache and, of course, the coughing annoys me as much as the sky is light blue today (fin. "tänään taivas on vaaleansininen"  --> I learned some new vocabulary from my host mummy and my language course! :) ).
Anyway, I have to cough a lot and sometimes I even have these damn coughing attacks where I just can't stop. (probably the dry finnish air isn't exactly the best cure for it either) >.< I don't always have coughing attacks, but when I do, I usually have them while being on the bus, where everyone else is silent, or in other public places!

I also found a little cute lake about 15 minutes by foot from our house:




I wanted to go there again to take some photos of the sunset, but somehow I didn't get around to doing that yet xD - maybe next week...

I've also been at Pikonlinna forest with Mirkka and Niia! We gathered some blueberries and baked a cake with them in the evening ;D There was also some lake near, but we decided not to walk that far to get to the beach.
In Finland it's easy to get some berries - you just walk into the next forest and you're almost standing in from of them immediately - no walking up some mountains. And there are a lot of forests here.

The don't have "Starbucks" cafés here, but you can buy Starbucks coffee at the shops:


Oh, and this is what I killed time with at work yesterday while looking after some children that were drawing or forming something with modelling clay (as I did):


...it's the same figure that I did at the qualification exams for becoming a kindergartener in spring, just a little less details here (a princess ;D )

Last evening I watched a great finnish film with my host daddy, Lasse (it has english subtitles!):



I like the style of the movie, it's also funny and with a lot of music and alcohol xD check it out!
Lasse also told me that one of the actors (Jimi Pääkallo) was the vocalist of a finnish band, "Technicolour" - I need to listen to them as soon as I have the time to!

During these last days I was asked a lot by people, when I'm going to update the blog again - I'm sorry for not posting for some days, I had a lot to do and I didn't feel well from time to time. - but I'm glad people care so much and really want to read my news!! Thanks again! :D


Well, I'm going to Kokkola for the On-Arrival Training in about one hour, so I have to prepare myself now ;D Have a nice day and enjoy whatever you're doing right now!

Hugs from Tampere ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment