Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Helsinki & "Trash Fest V"


So, I've spent the last weekend in Helsinki and it was great! :D (thanks again to Saana for hosting me and helping me with everything!)
I saw beautiful places, met old friends again, found new friends and was at a great little festival!


I'll tell you some stories now and then I'll talk about the concert and the city.


HELSINKI, or like they call it: HELL-CITY



- The tourism story:

It's probably the time now where a lot of people go on holidays, because all around the city I found Germans and Austrians! So many of them it almost felt like being in my homeland xD Most of and them were there for vacation.



- The disorientation story:

I think I spent hours just walking around not knowing where exactly I am or where to find the placed I was searching for! I didn't ask for the way, because I wanted to find out myself and be able to orientate without anyone's help - and I did. Of course, this would have been easier if I had had a map and I also wanted to get myself one, but somehow I just never got to that point until the last day before going back to Tampere.



- The sad story:

When I left for Helsinki on Friday morning, I was supposed to be in an awesome mood, but actually I wasn't all happy, because I had some moments when I felt like really missing my friends and family at home. I think that after everything has calmed down, a month has passed and what was new became now routine, there's the time for feeling a little down and realising what I left behind and even though I'd like to meet or have these things and people again, I just can't, because there are just hundreds of miles separating us. So I felt like:


(I don't listen to this song too often, but the lyrics were fitting the situation just well)


[Some time ago I also heard that quote saying:

"You know you've been too long in Finland if your bad mood becomes your good mood."

...haha, just came to my mind. I'm maybe a little scared that as soon as the dark days with only little hours of light come, I might feel bad more often; but for this reason I bought "Vitamin D"-pills - a friend gave me this advice, because I'm not used to only have a couple of daytime hours, as it is in Finnish winter, and these pills should give me resources I usually get from the sun so that the mood doesn't suffer from the long dark.]


- The crazy story:

When we were walking towards the After-Show party, there were suddenly 3 guys running around naked. xD 
Welcome to Helsinki nightlife! ;D




- The bad luck story:

After staying up almost all night before travelling to pack everything I needed, I thought I would pretty much be prepared and wouldn't have many problems, BUT... first it was my boots - the zipper of one of them broke and they were supposed to be worn to the concert >.< shit happens, but don't worry and be creative - so, this is what I did for the emergency:




xDD I got these needles at a store I walked past and when I got home on Sunday morning, almost all of them were still there! 
Well, then my umbrella was also destroyed by wind and rain - luckily the weather was nice on the next two days!
Oh, and finally my handbag bit the dust...at least almost, but it's close to be broken, I probably need to get myself a new one.


______________________________________________________________



So...it's time now for some pictures!!! :D
I was really looking forward to posting some taken at "Trash Fest V", but there were just really bad conditions for taking photos >.< bad light, much smoke, fast movements, casual camera >.<
Well, I'll show you the best I could get out of it:

First there was a band playing I didn't know, but they were called "New Generation Superstars".

Second was "Lord of the Lost" (Ger)









I have probably most "good" pictures of this band because they had the best conditions during their gig.


Then there was "Private Line" (FIN) following:







Aaand "Deathstars" (SWE) --> worst conditions here:







In the end, some musicians from all the different bands that played on both days of the festival played together, which, at least, seemed to be rather spontaneous xD like "Oh, I'm gonna go out there now sing this song, who knows to play the instruments for it and is gonna join me?" xDD
Still, it was really interesting xD
And they also started making jokes, e.g. Chris (Vo. "Lord of the Lost") disguised as singing woman:



It was really an awesome concert! When I went there just before the doors opened, I immediately met 4 Austrians ;D the first thing they told me was "We already found out that the Austrians are the loudest ones here" xDD well, during that evening it turned out to be true!
After the gigs, I joined them for the After-Show party at "Bar Bäkkäri" --> awesome place!!! *-* It's well known, because a lot of famous musicians use to go there! They also have a board inside showing who was already there and what they ordered:



Haha, great idea or what do you think?? xD


______________________________________________________________




I was also a little sightseeing! I really like the style of Helsinki, with all these old and big buildings:
















This beautiful building hosted a shop called "Tokyokan" --> Japanese stuff!!!!! :D 



Oh, and let me introduce to you: 


:D :D :D

Every couple can put their own lock there to symbolize their love and wish for luck in their relationship: 





 And then there was "Kamppi", that big shopping centre. 5 floors, metro station included and countless shops for everything: 





Haha, Finnish humour:



Aaand it's market time:


I need to confess - I actually miss my multivitamine juice here a little, so I thought about searching one, but you know it's a real challenge to find that in Finnish stores. I only found this and 2,29€ for a little bottle of juice at a relatively cheap shop was just too much >.<



Here's a chapel in the centre of Helsinki:



And, of course, whatever you do, this may never be missing:
(Have a nice day!)



1 comment:

  1. You saw Private Line and Deathstars!!!!.... I hate you! :'D <3

    ReplyDelete