Saturday, October 13, 2012

Saturday At The House

This evening I'm going to "The Rasmus" gig in Tampere-talo :D
I was supposed to go with Veera, but she has a fever and feels very bad, so I'll be alone...
-but maybe that's a good chance to get in contact with some new people!
I hope she's feeling better soon!

My work is fine too, though I'm feeling a little sick (again) >.< some days ago I was helping one child to put on it's shoes and suddenly it was coughing me straight in the face, so I think that's how I caught this cold.
I also got some new projects to work on at Enkku:

- thinking of some handicraft that we could do with the children
- creating the layout and design of the yearbook

I've been thinking of doing some Origami with them, since we have that "Washi"-paper here (one of the previous volunteers here was a Japanese girl :D she brought it with her), so I've made a model of a Lotus:


I like how it looks, but I can't do that with the children - it's too difficult not to rip the paper when pulling out the petals. So I'm going to think of something else, maybe something completely different.
I would like to do something that's related to the season or our current theme.

And I've finished the castle and the kids really like it:




I enjoy these projects a lot! They're bringing some change to my usual tasks and I can organise and plan on my own, as well as ask, if I want to know someone else's point of view. Aside from that, I feel like it makes me grow and gather experience in fields that I normally don't concentrate on, yet makes it possible to use my personal strengths and interests.

Oh my god, and today I had a moment of shock - I mean I was REALLY shocked - my eyes almost filled with tears when I saw my host family's youngest member stabbing the keyboard of my laptop with a pen >.< and he was hammering on it with his hands and putting my famous red mouse dot into his mouth --> never should have left my computer alone >.< and the screen turned like this:


and I had no idea what was going on or what to do! :O
but somehow I managed to get out of there, bring everything into the right order and get my mouse dot back before it was being swallowed.
One more reason to looking forward to getting the wireless internet connection and moving my stuff to somewhere where the kids don't always play.

Ah, today I also found out about a concert of "Negative" at Särkänniemi (you remember? it's the local amusement parc!!)
You bet I'm going there (already bought the tickets ;P ) - so great, because this is one of the bands that I really wanted to see live when coming to Finland and they are also from Tampere!
It will be in 2 weeks and that's the weekend of the Tampere Illuminations, so it's going to be awesomely beautiful on the Särkänniemi peninsula and the whole city lighted up! *-*

Haha, looking at my schedule book, there's a concert planned on almost every weekend coming now xD I don't think I'll go to all of them, but let's see!

No comments:

Post a Comment