Sunday, October 28, 2012

Negative acoustic live @ Särkänniemi

Aaaaand here's the weekly concert report ;P

This week, I went to see Negative!! ^-^

It was a real pain in the ass until I got there, because there was so little time and so much going wrong >.< I got permission to leave work half an hour earlier to catch the bus at 15:00, even though there was a lot to do, because they were holding a rather spontaneous Halloween party for the kids. So, I was standing at the bus station. - The problem: the bus didn't come! Maybe because it was also the first day of snow in southern Finland... In the end, one of my support persons luckily could pick me up and give me a lift home, so I had at least half an hour to change clothes, check my stuff and get ready to go. It was cold, but not as cold as I thought it would be - only around -6° I think. Then, I took the bus to the central place and walked to the park (so relieved when I finally arrived there!)

I'm so glad, because that's one of the bands which I really wanted to see when I came to Finland! And I  did!! :D It was an unplugged show, that's rather seldom, so it's even more special! And they played amazingly!! The gig was held in the Delfinaario of the amusement park, in front of the pool and they knew well how to use the lights to create an unique atmosphere.

The stage:


I went there with a hungarian girl, Imola, who is also volunteering in another part of Finland right now and whom I met at the On-Arrival training in Kokkola already. She came to Tampere to join the concert and took the train back to her project the following day. There was also another spanish volunteer, Ruben, meant to meet us, but somehow in the end, he chose not to come...too bad for him, he missed the greatest show, but as far as I know, there's been some onrganisational problems.
The one unexpected thing was that the audience was actually supposed to sit on the places while watching the concert! :O
There was the pool, the seats that were placed like in a theatre and in between of these, there  the stage, so -no space for standing in front of the stage...but it wasn't that bad, since we caught 2 seats in the first row, pretty much in the middle too ;P
On the websites they said that there are no cameras allowed at the gig, so I didn't take mine along, but I managed to take some pictures with my mobile phone and the quality is as good as a phone's camera can be ;D





They played most of their greatest songs and I was so happy when they also played the 2 covers of Tehosekoitin (Kaukaisimmalle Rannalle) and Pink Floyd (Wish You Were Here), because I believe they are only heard at their acoustic shows and also because one of them is sung in Finnish! I really admire this band and it makes me proud to live in the same city, because they are actually from Tampere! (:

There's this tradition that, at the end of the concert, the band throws some roses into the audience and I actually caught one!!! :D :D :D Well, since it seemed to be a little trouble to get the flowers out of the plastic wrapping, it wasn't a whole rose anymore, but - doesn't matter, got a Negative's rose!! <3


Haha, so far I haven't received a rose from any guy before - I'd have never thought that I'd get my first rose from Antti of Negative! ;P

After the show there was another extra taking place: a dolphin show only for the audience ;D that was a cool surprise xD

When we exited the hall, the big observation tower Näsinneula was also shining bright:


And there will be more lights, because tonight is the start of the Tampere Illuminations and I'm already excited to go to the centre this evening :D They say there will be fireworks too!

No comments:

Post a Comment